Electro-Mechanical R&D Technician
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada - (Hwy 401/403/410 Area)
Nett Technologies Inc., a leading manufacturer of engine emission control systems, has an immediate opening for an Electromechanical R&D Technician. The company designs and manufactures a full range of exhaust after-treatment emission control products for OE and aftermarket diesel, LPG, gasoline and natural gas engines. Our recognized entrepreneurial business approach cultivates a collaborative work environment that supports and strengthens our market reputation for quality products and timely innovative solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in building, testing, installing, troubleshooting and repair of complex mechanical and electrical engine emission control systems
- Repair and install parts such as switches, relays, wires, harnesses, panels, air valves, bearings, couplings, air compressors, etc.
- Perform electrical and mechanical modifications from drawings, prints or wiring schematics
- Perform functional testing on all completed modifications
- Program and troubleshoot PLC and other ECU control systems
- Provide support in the integration of existing products into new applications
- Interface with customers to provide technical assistance
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completed Post-Secondary education in the field of Mechanical/Electrical Technology from an accredited technical school or equivalent experience
- Skilled in troubleshooting techniques and advanced understanding of mechanical and electrical testing equipment
- Mechanically adept with hands-on experience working with AC and DC power including PLC programing and knowledge of electronic control units (ECU)
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical drawings
- 2-5 years’ experience in internal combustion engines, power generators or relevant mechanical or electromechanical fields
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a teamwork-oriented environment
- Good communication skills with a strong command of the English language
- Highly motivated and self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering
- Direct work experience with IC engine control and electrical power generator systems
- Exposure to and knowledge of exhaust emission control products
Nett Technologies Inc. offers a competitive remuneration package, company benefits, and an employee assistance program.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
Nett Technologies Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.